Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rain in May and Housing Decisions

Love/hate is the only way to really enumerate my relationship with rain in May. On the one hand, it has been so hot and dry and the rain cleans everything and smells so nice. Of course being cold and wet blows, that's where the hate comes in.

Spring quarter is rounding the halfway point and summer is right out in front, just out of reach still. All of the shit is coming to a head. Today is my last day at my line cook job downtown, thank Jah. I'm gonna miss everybody I've worked with these last eleven months though, that much is for sure, especially Pat and Drew. 

Pretty intriguing how the two coworkers I became closest to are two of the oldest, of course they're also the only two who've worked at NYP longer than me.

I'm fairly confident that even with all of this crap up in the air, (new jobs, community service, summer quarter, etc) this summer will go smoothly.

Mark wants me to live with him this summer and that would be absolutely prime, of course I doubt my mom would go for it, especially if it complicated summer session of school. But working at Earls with two of my best friends and living with Mark and Jarrett and KayeLee and Jordan would be ill.

Of course it's gonna be incredible up here this summer too with so many more people staying up. I am pretty fucking sick of this apartment though, and if I got a subletter I could make money on the differences in rent. 

Looks like I have some things to look into:

Summer session availability down South,
Rent at Mark's place
Job prospects here and South
 And then the most crucial is where am I going to be able to do more community service hours and where am I going to be less bored? I'd rather be in this city than Mark's but I'd rather live with Mark then be all by myself with Darth all summer. Fuck. Of course working another summer in a hot kitchen doesn't sound all that great either, even if Earl's is fresh.

I hope this isn't coming off as complaining because mostly I'm just trying to hash all of this shit out.
I think whatever happens I'll be in a position where I can look at everything I'm doing and be proud. And that's exciting cuz I haven't really felt like that much in the last year except for my grades first quarter and DECA.

Speaking of that, I have never felt so validated. Not because I worked so hard because honestly I didn't. Being exposed to so much business and marketing has most definitely boosted my knowledge and confidence. We came out of our finals role play feeling so stoked about not only the immediate circumstance but our futures as brand managers or markers. Imagine have a month as opposed to an hour to prepare and two hours as opposed to fifteen minutes to solve and present your solutions to these problems, if we are so successful under these parameters, imagine how it'll be with corporate resources and teams of specialists and shit, I'm pumped.


No comments:

Post a Comment